TIRANGA COCONUT BURFI
(Indian Independence Day Special)
NOTHING IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN INDEPENDENCE AND LIBERTY.
(HO CHI MINH)
70 Years back on this day’s midnight India entered a new phase of life where it promised its countrymen liberty, freedom and independence from oppression of all sorts. Since then, each year on this day , we make the same promise to ourselves, to respect the hardship and struggles which our freedom fighters had gone through to provide us this liberty. And we must tried to keep it safe and justifiable.
So, on this occasion Indians celebrate this day with great enthusiasm and perceivable mark of Indians’ respect for the country is Our national flag ‘The Tricolour (Tiranga).
I’ll use this Tiranga theme in my quick and simple dish to add glory to its simplicity.
- Coconut powder : 3 cups
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Condensed milk : 1 cup.
- Milk : 4 tablespoon.
- Food colour : green, orange.
- Take two small bowl and put ¼ teaspoon of milk in each bowl.
- Put one pinch of orange colour in one bowl and green colour in another bowl.
- Mix them well separately and keep aside.
- In a big bowl take coconut powder, sugar powder and condensed milk, mix properly and make soft dough, add 1-2 spoon of milk if needed,
- Divide the dough into three equal parts.
- Take one part and mix 1-2 drops of orange colour mixed milk,mash the ball to mix the colour evenly in the dough.
- Take another ball and add green colour with the same process.
- Leave the third ball in white colour.
- Now on the flat surface flatten the green colour ball, in the second layer flatten the white colour and on the top layer orange colour.
- Press with palm softly and equally.
- Leave to set.
Now cut into desirable shapes and enjoy the celebrations of freedom.
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
Freedom is my birth right and I shall have it.
(Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel)
I hope you will love this burfi recipe and will definitely try it soon. Do let me know how was your experience and how much you loved it. I”l be back soon with a new recipe soon. Stay Happy! Stay Well!! 🙂