MOONG KE BHALLE
Indian weather is too hot now a days and I thought, let’s make some light, chatpata but delicious in taste dish to keep our body cool. It is also a street food but I’ll make it in home made style.
Time: 25 minutes.
- Moong dal (split green gram) : ½ cup.
- Fresh curd : 2 cups.
- Black- salt : ½ teaspoon
- Sugar powder : 2 table spoon (as per taste).
- Roasted cumin seed powder : ½ teaspoon.
- Ginger- garlic paste : ½ teaspoon.
- Green chili : 2
- Chopped coriander leaves : 4 tablespoon.
- Aloo-bhujiya or sev : as per decoration
- Fresh seed of pomegranate : 2 tablespoon .
- Tamarind or Imli chutney : 2 tablespoon.
- Baking soda : 1 pinch.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for frying.
- Soak the green-gram pulses for 5-6 hours.
- Strain and grind with green chili and coriander leaves.
- Take it out in a bowl . Add ginger- garlic paste, salt and baking soda and make a thick paste (as of pakoras).
- In another bowl beat the curd and add powdered sugar, cumin seed powder and add black salt mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the bhalle like pakoras.
- Take a bowl of water and put the hot pakoras into it to make it xtra soft and squeeze the balls with soft hand so that the xtra oil comes out in the water.
- Take a plate scrumble the pakoras into 3-4 pieces.
- Pour beat curd over it,put tamarind chutney then sprinkle pomegranate seed and aloo- bhujiya and serve it.
- The chatpate plus nutritious bhalle are ready!!
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
I just don’t want to look back and think I could’ve eaten that.
I hope you’ll love this lip-smacking Indian snack. Do give it a try and let me know how it turned out. I’ll be back soon with a whole new Indian dish to sway you away. Stay in touch. Stay Happy. Stay Well!! 🙂