Aaloo ki Kachori (Potato Kachori)
I know I have been off the site since a few days but that was because of my son’s exam. But during those days I did not stop cooking delicious food for my son to keep keep him refreshed. Out of those I’ll share some with you which my son loved the most.
‘ALOO-KACHORI’ is famous deep fried dish in North India, but I’ll make it in a healthy way.
It has carbs, fats, protein and fibre also because of sesame seed and ground nut not only makes it tasty but nutritious also.
Cooking Time: 45 mins.
- Whole wheat flour : 1 Cup
- Refined flour : 1 cup.
- Carom seed : 1 teaspoon
- Ghee : 2 tablespoon.
- Salt to taste.
- Milk for making dough.
- Boil and peeled potato : ½ kg,
- Roasted and crushed ground nut : 3 tablespoon.
- Raisins : 20-25.
- Chopped ginger : ¼ teaspoon.
- Chopped green chili : ¼ teaspoon.
- Finally chopped curry leaves : 1 tablespoon.
- Turmeric powder : ½ teaspoon.
- Red chili powder : ½ teaspoon.
- Dried mango powder : ½ teaspoon.
- Garam masala : 1 teaspoon.
- Sesame seed : 1 teaspoon.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep frying.
- In a big bowl add both flour, ghee, carom seed and salt , mix well.
- Pour milk and make a little hard dough, keep a side covered with wet cloth.
- Mash the boil potatoes and mix salt properly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add sesame seed, ginger, green chilli, curry leaves,raisins and fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, mashed potato, crushed ground nut, dried mango powder, garam masala mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and keep the mixture to cool.
FOR MAKING KACHORI:
- Make small balls of equal size from the dough.
- Press the ball with the thumb and stuff it with potato mixture, close and soft press with palm. Make patties like Kachori.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Kachori on low flame. When the kachori turns golden brown, take it out on kitchen towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Serve crispy and tasty kachori with green or red chutney.
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
“Part of the secret of success is to eat what you like.”
I know I’ve been out last few days, but here see, I’m back and that too with a very famous and interesting North Indian Recipe. I hope you’ll love it. Do try it and let me know you loved it. This time I’ll be back soon. Promise! Stay in touch! Stay Happy! Stay Well!! 🙂