CRUNCHY BARS OF PUFFED RICE
When we are craving to eat anything but not in a full amount. So I’ll share with you a very light, crispy and tasty dish which we eat while walking.
I’m talking about a grain which is very crunchy and puffy, is called- Puffed Rice, is also known as Moodhi, Murmura, Kurmura, Mamra. It is used for making different type of snacks. So I’m making today a crunchy bar of it.
NUTRIENTS AND QUALITY
- It has fat, carbs and fibre.
- It is very light in weight, crisp and gives people feeling of fullness. It is eaten as a snack, also with curd and jaggery, milk and sugar.
- Puffed rice : 2 cups
- Jaggery : 1 cup
- Fennel seed powder : 1 tea spoon
- Ghee : 1 table spoon
- Water : 2-3 table spoon
- In a pan roast the puffed rice about 1 minute.
- In another pan put ghee and crushed jaggery and stir, add a little water if needed.
- Cook on medium flame continuously stir till jaggery is caramelized.
- Now add fennel seed powder and puffed rice
- Turn off the flame and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on greasing flat board or plane plate, cut into shapes with a sharp knife.
- When the bar becomes dry crispy, store in air tight container.
Your crispy and tasty bar is ready to kill the craving of sweets but in a healthy way!!
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
“I am a better person when I have less on my plate.”
(Elizabeth Gilbert ;
I know you loved this quick and healthy snack which is good to keep cravings at bay. Do try it and let me know how you loved it. I’ll be back sooner with more new such good recipes. Stay Happy! Stay Well! 🙂