FLAX SEED PARATHE (ALSI KE PARATHE)
As we all know diseases have increased in our society due to unhealthy life style and especially our food. In order to find out what kept the order generation fit and healthy. Scientists examined what they ate finally have come up with those easily available yet not so known stuffs which are so nutritious that inculcating them in our food keeps us healthy overall. One such item is ‘Flax Seeds’.
So I’ll share with you a healthy and nutritious recipe which my grandma made and I loved eating it. Though small in these seeds are a treasure of our good health. I’ll share with you ‘Flax Seed Parathe’ or in our language ‘Alsi Ke Parathe’. It is a very simple and easy to make recipe.
- They are the richest source of Omega-3, Fatty Acids, Fibres, Proteins, Vitamins, Iron, Potassium and Copper.
- In short it has all the unique nutrients that our body requires.
- They have high rich fibre but low in carbohydrates.
- They keep our skin and hair healthy, help in weight loss, high anti-oxidants, and fights against cancer.
- In our language they are ‘RAMBAAN SEEDS’ for our health.
- Roasted Flax Seed Powder : 100 gms
- Jaggery (Crushed) : 75 gms
- Fennel Seed Powder : ¼ Teaspoon
- Whole Wheat Flour : 250 gms
- Water to Knead the Flour
- Oil for oiling Parathas
- In a bowl mix Flax Seed Powder, Jaggery, Fennel Seed Powder and mix well to make stuff sprinkle a little water when needed. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a bowl add Flour and Water and knead the dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and make depressions with the thumb.
- Fill the stuffing in it and roll them on a flat board with the help of a rolling pin. Make sure to sprinkle some dry flour before rolling.
- Heat a flat pan(Tawa) and shallow fry both sides till golden brown and enjoy the healthy parathas.
They don’t need to be eaten with anything else. They are sweet in taste and complete food in themselves.
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
Healthy Food Make Our Lives Healthy.
This one was again a health special food. I hope you must’ve loved this simple and super nutritious food. Do let me know about your views and opinions in the comments section below. I’ll be back soon with a new and healthy recipe. Keep eating good. Stay Happy. Stay Well! 🙂