Every meal is incomplete without a dessert in plate, sweet dish pampers not only our taste but it has a unique reason to have it. Dessert add more excitement in our meals. It satisfies our souls.
So, Today I will talk to you about a popular sweet dish called GULAB JAMUN also called KALA JAMUN. This sweet dish is the hero off all Indian function .Even marriages, Birthday, any parties have no shine without this sweets. Be it any season this sweet is available in all sweet shops throughout the year.
It is a milk solid based dessert dark colored mawa balls which are deep fried and soaked in sugar syrup. It is a high calories sweet. It has carbohydrates, fats and because this is made up of milk it has some protein and calcium too. In one ball about 140-150 calories.
- Khoya/Mawa (Milk Solids) : 150gms
- Plain flour : 2 Tablespoon
- Milk : 1-2 TablespoonTablespoon
- Baking Soda : 1/6 Teaspoon
- Green Cardamom Powder : 1 Pinch
- Grated Coconut Powder : 2 Tablespoon
- Oil for Deep Frying
(For Sugar Syrup)
- Sugar : 250 gms
- Water : 1 ½ cup
For Balls :
- Knead the Mawa with palm for three to four minutes.
- Add flour, Baking Soda, Cardamom Powder and Milk. Knead again with hard hands till dough softens like Chapati dough.
- Now make small balls with the help of both hands of size of big marbles.
- Cover it with wet clothes.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Add water and sugar in a pan and put it on a medium flame for boiling.
- Cook it for 2-3 mins on low flame.
- Cover it and place aside.
- In another pan, heat the oil and fry the balls on a medium flame till dark brown and put the balls hot sugar syrup and cover it for 3-4 hours.
- When the balls are soaked in syrup and becomes soft, roll them on grated coconut powder or chopped dry fruits.
And enjoy the King of every Indian special occasion but in limits, okay 😉 and Don’t forget to do some extra workout that day.
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
Good Food = Good Mood
I hope this Indian Sweet dish brings a sweet smile on the faces of all those who taste it being made by your beautiful hands, ultimately giving you a beautiful and sweet smile. Do give it a try and don’t forget to let me know about your experience in the comments section below.