“Sattu” means Roasted gram flour. It’s also called “Desi Horlick” in India. It has several health benefits and in summers especially, it’s highly recommended for being a refreshing and health friendly drink.
It has great amount of Protein in it. And quite a good amount of calcium too. So, it’s good for skin, muscles and bones too. It’s good for Gastric ulcers’ treatment, and is a natural Colon cleanser and helps in weight loss too.
- Water- 500 ml
- Sattu powder- 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Cumin seeds powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Chopped mint leaves- 1 Tablespoon
- In a jug, pour 500 ml water.
- Add 4 tablespoons of sattu, salt, cumin seeds powder and lemon juice.
- Blend or stir with a spoon. Beat the lumps if any and make it smooth.
- Add ice cubes and chopped mint to it.
- Now, your refreshing drink is ready to be tasted.
- It’s also called green coffee with absolute health benefits.
HAPPY WORDS 🙂
“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
I hope you enjoyed this drink and will definitely try it at your home once and collect praises. I’ll return with a new sattu recipe soon. Any query or comments are heartily welcomed in the comments section below. Stay Happy. Stay Well! 🙂