Mixed Veg Intro
Mixed vegetables..Well, the name itself depicts that it’s a mix of several vegetables in a healthy plus yummy combination. So, let’s learn to cook Mixed Vegetables Indian Style. 😉
- Potato : 2 (Medium sized) Peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Cauliflower : 1 Cup, Cut into Small pieces
- Beans : 1/2 Cup, Cut into approx. 2 cm each.
- Carrot : 1 (Peeled and chopped into pieces)
- Green peas : 1/2 Cup
- Tomato : 1/2 Cup, Chopped
- Ginger-Garlic Paste : 1 Teaspoon
- Onion : 2(Medium sized) Sliced
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil : 3 Tablespoon
- Turmeric : 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon (or as per taste)
- Coriander Powder : 1 Teaspoon
- Capsicum : 1 (Cut into pieces)
- Garam Masala : 1 Teaspoon
- Bay Leaves : 2-3 pieces
- Salt : To taste
- Coriander leaves (Chopped)
- Take 3 tablespoon Oil(preferably some healthy one) in a big Pan (Kadai). Let it warm.
- Put some cumin seeds in it an let it fry till it turns brown and some bay leaves too.
- Put the chopped onion in it and saute till it turns light pinkish red.
- Now, put some Ginger-garlic paste in it and keep on frying.
- Put some turmeric powder in it.
- Add Red Chilli Powder to it. Keep on mixing and cooking all these spices.
- Now, put the chopped tomatoes in it and fry till 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, add all the cut and chopped vegetables and Put the flame on medium level.
- Move a little with the ladle.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Add 2 and a 1/2 cup water to it.
- Put a lid and cover the pan and let the veggies cook for 7-8 mins on medium flame or more if needed until the veggies get completely cooked.
- Now, add some Garam Masala from above and the chopped coriander too.
Your Yummy, spicy and lip-smacking Mixed Veggie is ready to be served hot.
You can eat this delicious veggie with Roti, Rice or can be eaten alone too. It’s Oh-so-spicy and actually yummy. Try it! You’ll also say what I say. 😀
Happy Words 🙂
Eating Is A Necessity But Cooking Is An Art.
P.S.: I’ll be happy if this dish touched your heart while doing a favor to your tongue. Would love to know your views and queries(if any). Please use the comments section below. Stay Well! 🙂